Abundant Journeys understands the need to spread your vacation payments over a period of time. To help meet that need, we offer flexible payment options to our clients for qualified trips. Think of it as a travel layaway plan. Ultimately, the availability of a payment plan is dependent upon several variables primarily the amount of time until your desired travel date is from the time of your 1st deposit, the overall value of your trip, and the final balance due date as set by the supplier. Here are additional details:
Land Tours (Vacation Packages)
Typically a land tour deposit is anywhere from $100 – $200+ per person. We use the date of this premier payment to determine the length of time until your desired travel date and we use the date set by the supplier as your final balance due date (usually at least 45 days before departure). If your airfare is not apart of the package, a separate payment will be required to cover airfare in full. To avoid this matter, we typically recommend tour and vacation packages that include airfare in order for you to spread those payments over the course of the payment plan, unless you request otherwise. We will discuss both options with you so you can make an informed decision which method is best for your family.
Planning Tip: We accept payment plans on qualifying trips that are at least 90 days from the date we receive your initial deposit. However, we recommend using payment plans for trips that are at least 6 -12 months from the date of your initial deposit payment. We do not recommend trip planning for more than 12 months in advance (circumstances may dictate differently however).
Typically cruise deposits are based on the length of the cruise. For shorter cruises, 3-5 days, deposits range from $100 – $250 per person on average. For longer cruises, 6 days or longer, deposits range from $250 – $500 per person on average. Like land tours (vacation packages), we use the date of this premier payment to determine the length of time until your desired cruise date and we use the date set by the cruise line as your final balance due date (usually at least 60-90 days before departure). If you do not select the cruise airfare accompaniment typically offered by cruise lines to purchase airfare along with your cruise, then a separate payment will be required to cover airfare in full.
Planning Tip: We accept payment plans on qualifying cruises that are at least 120 days from the date we receive your initial deposit. However, we recommend using payment plans for cruises that are at least 6 -12 months from the date of your initial deposit payment. We do not recommend cruise planning for more than 12 months in advance (circumstances may dictate differently however).
- If your selected land tour or cruise offers price protection, we will inform you of the details of the respective supplier or cruise lines policy to insure you are getting the best price over the course of your payment plan.
- If you cancel your trip for any reason, your refund will be based on the policies of your selected land tour or cruise line, in addition to whether or not you purchased trip insurance to protect yourself.
- Important: Regardless of the reason for cancelling, Abundant Journeys will charge a 5% administrative fee to account for our services. To that end, 5% of all payments made will be retained and applied to your final balance should you not cancel your trip. Keep in mind, we do not charge a fee** to provide this service to our clients because our goal is for you to Live Life Through Abundant Journeys. We feel a minimal fee of 5% for cancellation after services have been rendered is fair and reasonable for our time and effort.
- You will receive monthly account statements detailing all activity on your account.
- We recommend you read our About Us page to learn more about our values and how we work especially our “Plan To Go” fee.
- How we explain our “Plan To Go” fee**: We give a complimentary consultation to develop a level of comfort between all parties. At the end of the consultation, if you would like us to proceed with developing a trip quote/proposal for you, then we will request the “Plan To Go” fee to maintain the integrity of the relationship so everyone’s time is valued in the process. No quotes, proposals, or other information will be provided beyond the initial consultation without the “Plan To Go” fee. Please read the section, “We don’t get paid until you complete your travels” of our About Us page to learn exactly “what is a plan to go” fee.
- Our goal is to Brighten Someone’s Day everyday! To meet that goal, we provide an array of gifts to our clientele on several occasions throughout your time with us in addition to offering a referral and loyalty program. What other travel consultant firm offers you such robust offerings?