Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Mother’s Day is this weekend. The end of the school year is in just a few weeks. Father’s Day is rolling up fast, but wait! Summer getaway time is right around the corner too. Are you ready? What do you have going on this summer?
Have you planned anything at all yet? What are your options?
- Stay-cation – be a tourist in your own city. Explore toys and games for outdoor fun.
- Domestic trip – head to one of the USA’s beach cities, mountains or cities for an adventure.
- Road trip – hop in the car or rent an RV and take to the roads for some family fun.
- Train travel – this is a favorite for kids. When is the last time you considered train travel?
- Cruise – want to visit multiple destinations, hop aboard a cruise ship.
- International – perhaps this year is the big trip. Head overseas for a few weeks.
You have plenty of options to consider depending on your families dynamic, financial situation and time availability. Everyone needs a break from their day to day routine. Get creative and start marking off your bucket list.
Two things we recommend for your travels:
- If you intend to leave the US and you are a human being over 1-minute of age, make sure you have a passport. They cost so little for a 10-year span.
- Don’t leave home without travel insurance. We have an annual plan because it is not worth thinking you can just be the squeaky wheel to get your way if your bags are lost or a delayed flight causes you to miss a connection. Yea, we know that pitching a fit just might work, but seriously, is that how you want to be remembered by folks? Come on now.
We are curious everyone’s family travel plans? We have a whirlwind of a summer as usual. And our best laid plans always change every single year by cancellations, changing our minds and other things that come up. Hence, we start with one plan and end the summer with something completely different and we love it.
With a few speaking engagements mixed in with some fun, we are headed to Puerto Rico, Toronto, Vegas, Paris and our annual road trip that usually last 6-8 weeks. What’s on your travel agenda? Are your plans sealed already or are you still contemplating what to do?